On numerous occasions, I have found myself standing on the edge of life. Something different happened, every single time I jumped off the cliff. There were risks that faded eventually; though looked quite promising to begin with! There were risks, that kept on telling me “all is well”; until I hit the ground. There were risks, which started slowly; but gradually, over a period of time, developed into a huge success.
Life is full of risk, and perhaps, it is one of the keys to achieving success. Every risk in life is different; however, risk leads to success. Therefore, before you jumped off the cliff, make sure that you have your fundamentals ready. Taking calculative risk is what is required.
Are you one of those people who is scared of taking risk? Despite of the fact that it could yield something great for you! Well, you are not the only one! There are many people who miss excellent opportunities, simply because they are reluctant in taking risks! Sadly, if you wish to achieve something big, something significant; in that case, you need to go for a certain degree of risk.
Still not sure? Well, in the following section, you will be offered a couple of tips which you might find to be useful.
Tips that would Encourage you to Take Risks
Life is full of ups and downs. You cannot expect to emerge as victorious every single time you take up a venture. However, this fear or chance of failure can get the better of you! You can’t allow that to happen. Here are a couple of tips which you might find to be useful, that would encourage you to take more risks. This would invariably enhance your chances of winning, as long as you are smart and tactical in your approach.
- Failure is Inevitable: FAIL=First Attempt In Learning: This is something that you need to carry with you all the time. There is no way you can prevent failure. Even the greatest souls that have walked on this planet have had their share of failures; on numerous occasions. However, you cannot allow failure or two to boggle you down! You should be prepared for failure and must have the power to absorb the pain and move on. If you are planning to take a new risk, no matter how positive you are about the outcome; you are bound to have those butterflies in your stomach and those sleepless nights.
When struck by failure, you have two options. Either you stop, or you keep on moving. If you decide to quit, in that case, you need to remember that all those efforts which you had put in are gone. The risk you took didn’t pay off; however, some degree of introspection is required to figure out as to why it didn’t work. You are destined to succeed! Figure out how to pivot, re-plan and take a step forward to achieve your goal.
- Follow your Instincts: It is very important to understand what your instincts say. Whether it a business investment or any other venture, you are planning to take some risk; talk to yourself. No matter how optimistic you are; it’s your subconscious that would give you the right signals. At times, ambiguity causes a lot of confusion. In such a case, the best thing to do is to go for it! When you found it’s worth taking a risk; go all cylinders firing!
- Being Authentic is Important: Whether you are risking a new job opportunity or a new relationship; never make the mistake of turning into someone you are not. It is very important to be authentic and be yourself throughout. The more you pretend to be cleverer or dumber than you are; the more likely are the chances that situations around you might change. Not to your benefit, of course! As long as you remain authentic and genuine, people around you would know what kind of person you are. Getting sympathy, empathy and cooperation from your associates can reduce the pressure of risk.
- Take a Decision when you are Clear Headed: This is a common mistake that people tend to make. They make impulsive decisions which more often can backfire on them. If you are thinking of taking a risk, in that case, it is very important for you to consider all the pros and cons. In order to do so, you need to be clear-headed. There are often tons of different issues tangled up in your mind and it’s tough to make a rational decision. So, if required, take some time; allow yourself the space you need and then think things over.
- It is Important To Have a Clear Understanding: Make sure you have a clear understanding of what you are risking. Are you planning to invest in the stock market? If you are, in that case, you need to be well acquainted with what you are buying or selling. Only then you would be able to figure out whether it is worth investing or not. Are you planning for a breakup? This can be risky because you might end up regretting your decision at a later stage of your life. So make sure that you have a clear understanding of the present situation of your relationship and what it might lead to in the future.
These are a couple of tips that can help you increase your risk-taking ability. Besides, your courage, never-give-up attitude and overall character, also plays an important role in this process.